MAHATMA GANDHI Annual ESSAY Competition
The Gandhi Development Trust is a non-profit organisation based on the principles of non-violence, respect, harmony and – national and religious reconciliation. By hosting an annual essay writing contest our organisation hopes to inspire in people the values and principles espoused by Mahatma Gandhi and other peace leaders.
Entries are invited from persons of age 12-20 to submit essays on the following:
The relevance of the values promoted by peace leaders of the world in the present crisis situation.
Ukubaluleka kwezimfundiso ezaziqhakambiswa abaholi bokuthula bomhlaba jikelele njengoba umhlaba ukhungethwe yizinkinga ezingaka.
• length 2- 2½ pages or about 500-700 words
• entry must be the entrant’s own original work
• written in English or Zulu
• each entry must have the attached form completed and attached to the entry
Please note: All entries must be e-mailed to [email protected]
There will be two categories 12-15 yrs, 16-20 yrs
and each category will have 6 winners 3 from English entries and 3 from Zulu entries. Only cash prizes will be awarded.
1st prize will be R1000
2nd prize will be R750
3rd prize will be R500
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2020
ESSAY WRITING CONTEST
All eligible entries received will be judged by a panel of independent qualified judges
The essays will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
• A critical treatment of the topic is demonstrated.
• The structure of the essay is logical and easy to determine.
• Writing style is clear, elegant and correct
• Quality and correctness of language
• References to other writings must be acknowledged and proper foot notes provided.
• Ubude 2- 2½ amakhasi noma amagama awu 500-700.
• Umsebenzi/essay kumele kube ngobhalwe ngumntwana uqobo.
• Ibhalwe ngesingisi noma IsiZulu
• Umsebenzi ngamunye kumele uhambisane ne-form eligcwalisiwe elikhona lapha.
Isaziso: Wonke umsebenzi/essay kumele athunyelwe nge email ku [email protected]
Kunezigaba ezimbili ngokweminyaka 12-15 kanye no 16-20.
Isigaba ngasinye sizoba nabayisithupha abaqokwa njengabaphumelele(1-3) esizulwini kanjalo futhi sasesingisini kuwona womabili amaqoqo eminyaka. Laba bayothola imklomelo yemali kuphela.
1st obashaye emakhanda- R1000
2nd Ophume isibili- R750
3rd Ophume isithathu- R500
Usuku lokugcina lokwamukela imisebenzi/essays: 30 September 2020
Umncintiswano wokubhalwa kwama ESSAY
Indlela yokuqoba abaphume phambili
Yonke imisebenzi/essays ethunyelwe iyohlungwa yithimba labahloli abanohlonzo futhi abazimele.
Imisebenzi/essays iyohlolwa kubhekwa lokhu.
◦ Indlela ejulile futhi enobuchule ekubhalwe ngayo.
◦ Isingeniso, umzimbha kanye nesiphetho sibhalwe ngokusobala.
◦ Indlela ekubhalwe ngayo iyabonakala futhi inobunono.
◦ Umsebenzi ngowomntwana ongenele umncintiswano.
◦ Ulimi oluqondindile/oluqotho.
◦ Imibhalo ecashunwe kweminye imibhalo kuyabikwa ukuba icashunwe kweminye imibhalo.